THE SOUTHLAND MISSION INITIATIVE
This is our newest focus and we believe it is our call to arms to pioneer in rural Australia.
We are a non-profit organisation taking steps to help end father absence by assisting all fathers to be better caregivers.
We believe underlying many of society's most pressing challenges is a lack of father involvement in their children's lives.
Primary prevention is not a single approach, it requires specific and targeted strategies to ensure all men, women and children are safe from all forms of violence. Our primary prevention projects are designed to change the social conditions that excuse, justify, permit or promote violence, our aim is to stop the violence before it starts.
The roots of violence go back to attitudes and experiences formed early in life; the prevalence of violence may escalate in the presence of life stressors, substance abuse, mental health issues and discrimination. While there is almost universal acceptance by the Australian community that violence against women and children is wrong, many people continue to hold violence-excusing attitudes and behaviours. These are the norms that we intend to address head-on with our programs.
We are an Australian (TGR, PBI) Tax Deductible Gift Recipient, Public Benevolent Institution, and Charitable Organisation based on the Missions principle, and we are a Not for Profit Organisation that is run by volunteers.
Southland Missions LTD. commenced operating in May 2003 with a vision to help the poor and the needy in Australia and beyond, and wherever possible find a way for these same people to help themselves.
As there is so much need in this vast Nation of ours, we have expanded our reach by networking with and teaming up with like minded organisations; we have found this to work well for additional resourcing and support. Southland Missions has the ability to reach more people without having to increase its membership base. Our vision is to increase our giving in the current project areas, as well as endeavouring to assist those who believe no one knows or even cares about their hardship.
We at Southland Missions realise that the
issues facing people today are huge and we cannot
help everyone, but maybe, just maybe, we can help a few to turn their lives around and to have a brighter future. With the support of ordinary Aussies like you and me, and businesses in Australia, we can show that someone cares and is willing to put their
money into "Treating Others As They Want To Be Treated."
OUR CORE VALUES
OUR CORE VALUES
- To provide love, food, shelter, clothing, education, safe drinking water and medication for people in need.
- Help lower the number of street kids and abandoned children in the community.
- Improve access to education for underprivileged kids by creating and maintaining a sponsorship program.
- Helping people who are not academically inclined to acquire technical skills which allow them to support themselves for the future.
- Build refuges, rehabilitation centers and orphanages that will raise, nurture and rehabilitate individuals with a loving and caring environment.
- Train and educate committed caring staff to assist in the raising and nurturing of these projects.
- To develop resources to help sustain a healthy diet and income stream.
- To provide accommodation, schooling, clothing and food for people in need.
To provide Mission based counselling and support facilities regardless of age, sex, race, ethnic background, religion, political beliefs or marital status, in the areas of:
- Marriage Breakdown.
- Wayward children.
- The emotionally distressed.
- Alcohol, drug and smoking rehabilitation.
- Rape or sexual abuse.
- Single dads programs
- Understanding Fatherhood
To assist in the preparation of legal documentation such as Domestic Violence and Protection Orders and the witnessing of such by suitably qualified personnel.
* Crisis counselling in respect of;
* Family break up
* Personal problems
* Drug addiction and rehabilitation
* Teenage pregnancy
* Domestic violence